Throughout our 19 month stay in Costa Rica we have prayed for God's will and direction for Rancho Oasis for Youth. (See Proverbs 16:9).
After waiting and waiting for some property to begin the groundwork for RO4Y, we have a breakthrough!
We have been offered a piece of property that consists of the following:
- 6 acres with 4 water wells & electricity; 4 acres immediately next door for sale
- Two houses (one with a complete house water filter)
- Church building is under construction (10 m x 30m or 32’ x 98’)
- Another building that is planned to be reconstructed as a rancho/shelter and kitchen
- About an hour from the capital city (five minutes from local town)
- Large outdoor fire pit with seating
- The community is very rural and the church reaches out primarily to the children and a few mothers. 40 kids come regularly, twice as many attend for special events.
- We would NOT need to pay rent, only utilities.
- The cost of living is half of what we are paying now!
- If the Lord would lead us to buy the property, they would sell it to us for the original price $18,500.
Here’s the catch – the property is in Honduras.
A missionary couple, Jason and Patricia Mulla, befriended us several months ago. They have served in Honduras for 7 years. They have been ministering in the area of the property (called Ojojona) for 3 years only once a week because they have two other church plants in the capital of Honduras, Tegucigalpa.
Marillyn's parents, Wayne and Brooke Goranson, were in Tegucigalpa doing an IBS seminar in September. They visited the property twice, heard Jason and Patricia’s vision and saw an abundant amount of opportunity with the kids and community. Their vision is very similar to our vision for RO4Y. The Mullas have also been receiving our RO4Y updates and have been hearing our heart for the Ranch.
Before we make a decision we felt it important to see the property for ourselves and spend some time with Jason and Patricia. Therefore, we will be flying to Honduras early December to participate in a youth retreat in Ojojona, the 10th - 13th. I have been asked to teach two small group studies and one large group session; the theme of the retreat comes from 1 John 2:15
Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.
It feels strange to consider leaving Costa Rica, but this could be an open door and we want to follow the Lord’s direction.
We are so excited about this opportunity. Please keep us in prayer!
Marillyn, Tabitha and I depart Costa Rica on December 8th and return on the 15th. (Naomi will stay with the grandparents).
Love you all!
Post a Comment